Monday, March 10, 2014

Smith on Trade Block


Well, my fellow Carolina Panthers fans, it looks like the end is near.

According to multiple reports, it seems that the Panthers are attempting to trade veteran wide receiver Steve Smith. If no trade happens, they'll likely release him.

I think I speak for all of us when I say that my heart is breaking a little.

A move like this makes sense from a business standpoint, which is what general manager Dave Gettleman is all about: business.

Emotionally, it's draining and painful.

Smitty has been arguably the best player to ever put on a Panthers uniform. No player of his caliber would have wasted his prime with the likes of Jake Delhomme throwing him the ball.

So when absolutely no loyalty or emotion is being shown in such a drastic decision, it has to be painful for every true Carolina fan.

Hopefully something happens to keep Smitty in Carolina.

No comments:

Post a Comment